Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Tepee Dilemma


Quick Background: One of our favorite holidays is Halloween. The kids get excited to decorate the house and I love handing out candy and treats to all the kids in the neighborhood. Carving pumpkins is a really epic event and we go crazy over designs.
One year I got real artsy and made some of my favorite characters.  It took me a little longer than I thought but I had a great time doing it. Because we love carving I have over the last few years grown a large pumpkin patch so that we have enough for everyone to express their creativity.


Dilemma: I have come to terms that I just don't have enough land to grow as many pumpkins as I want, so I decided to try going vertical this year and provide a little shade in the backyard for kids and pets. I looked up tepees and trellises, but I can't figure out what to put on them to cover the entire space rather than just have the beans covering the three poles. I have looked on Pinterest and other sites and Google but have not found a sturdy but open material to weave around the poles. Here are some of the thoughts I had.

1. Netting-the kind to keep birds off of fruit trees.
2. Vinyl fencing
3. Building an actual wooden structure

These are my inspirations. I'd like to figure out a way to combine the two and not have the pumpkins crash down on someones head.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails