Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Summer Vacation is Here!

Summer Vacation officially begins tomorrow. I don't think I have ever been as excited for it to begin as I am right now. Since my kids started school it has been a "Oh no! Now what do I do with them feeling". This is different because I get to have summer vacation along with them this time. I have made the leap and I am going to take the risk of quitting my job (my business). This is huge for me. I have only had three jobs in my entire adult life. It feels really risky to me to stop being in the birth world and looking at only doing work part-time. I was raised in the "You only have two jobs household? Thanks mom!" and it seems so strange to leave the self-employed status behind me.

I am going to unlearn being an overachiever and try to be more intentional with my life. It is really difficult for me to not have twenty different things going on, but since I got really sick last fall I have made the intentional choice to live the life that I want to live everyday.

It was really scary to think that things were so low for me and simple things like taking the kids to school was close to impossible. Since then I am doing twenty thousand times better and I can actually talk about it. As many may know I am not a talker, I prefer introverted observer. Between the MRI scans and other pokey tests I was also praying to keep things normal for myself and everyone else in my world. I think I did a pretty good job at disguising the fear. Now I am moving on and not looking back. I am going to live intentionally as best as I can.

Now that I am on the other side and my "House" like mystery was solved I am only doing what makes my family grow and makes me happy. Selfish, right?! That is just the way it has to be.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails