Monday, October 10, 2011

Bread Week: Day 6 Pumpkin Bread

unbaked bread in oven

 Today is the end of bread week for me. I was trying to decide what would be the perfect end of this challenge and I thought since fall has settled in here, why not make...pumpkin bread! It has been almost an entire year since I made pumpkin bread and I had forgotten how easy and fast this recipe is. I used my go to recipe source allrecipes.com. I halved the recipe and made one loaf instead of the two that the original recipe would make. Allrecipes.com has a great feature where you can put in how many servings you want and it does the fractional math for you. When I am in a pinch and I am cooking using a different source I just remember to divide the fractions:
  1. Turn the second fraction upside down (make it a reciprocal)
  2. Multiply the first fraction by the reciprocal
  3. Simplify the fraction if necessary
  4. Call husband in and make him do all of this because I am too busy making sure the food taste good. 



I made a few additions to the recipe by adding the entire can of the pumpkin puree. I found that it give it an extra boost of flavor. I was told by DH that he wouldn't mind having walnuts in it. I may give it a try next time!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails