Friday, April 1, 2011

Ultimate Blog Party 2011!


Welcome to Town and Rivers: Journal of a Working Stay at Home Mom! 

If you are joining me from the Ultimate Blog Party 2011, thanks for coming and I hope you enjoy the party! I first should probably explain the name of the blog. It is a play on both of my sons names. I always tease my husband and say we are so lucky because we have a "peaceful town" and "rivers" all to ourselves.

I work at home as a doula but my first and most important job is a SAHM to my almost 6 and almost 4 year old boys. I always try to find time to fit in my crafting. I sew, knit, crochet and just started quilting. Time to time you will see my older sister Pam sneak a post in about her crafting adventures. At the moment we are challenging each other to a major de-stashing. We have Get Out of Jail Cards and are obliged to post what we have created from what we only have in our homes. Enjoy and leave a comment!

If you would like to participate in the Ultimate Blog Party 2011. Visit 5minutesformom and sign up for prizes and of course reading great blogs!

10 comments:

Christy said...

I think being a Douala is so interesting! nice to meet you!

Shell said...

How do you work from home but not really?

I'm a boy mama, too. Stopping by from the UBP!

Carolyn said...

Stopping by from the UBParty! You blog looks so interesting--sewing is something I'm not good at at all, but always love watching what other create. Maybe one day... =) I look forward to seeing what else you create! Please stop by my place!

www.cookinformycaptain.blogspot.com

Tess @ Pro-tography 101 said...

That would be interesting. Stopping by from MBC follow club.

Holly said...

Hi hopping over from the Ultimate Blog Party. Great blog! Very creative.

Martine said...

Hi there! I love your blog, because it's somewhat like what I write about in mine, heehee. I'm a work at home mom, too! I followed you on Google COnnect, and I hope you can follow me, too at daintymom.blogspot.com :)

Martine *stopping by from the UBP*

Michelle-Nicholle said...

Thanks for stopping by Christy, Shell, Carolyn, Tess, Holly and Martine!I loved visiting your blogs and can't wait to read more. Yeah UBP '11! and MBC!

Jessica said...

Howdy!

I am so happy to have found your blog. I am stopping in from the Ultimate Blog Party and this is my very first year participating and this is SO VERY exciting!! LOL

Anyhow...please stop by my blogs and follow whenever you get the opportunity:

So Stylilized is where I am currently offering FREE Custom Blog Designs at http://sostylilized.blogspot.com/2011/04/ultimate-blog-party.html

And...Jessica Lil Corner is where I am blogging about family and life at http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com/2011/04/ultimate-blog-party.html

I welcome your visit at either or both of my blogs and hope to have you stop by and follow really soon!!

Have a very blessed day!! :0)

Robin@thesweetestpear said...

Stopping over from the UBP. I enjoyed reading your posts and am your newest follower!

wholesomewomanhood said...

I found your blog through the UBP.

Being a doula is such a rewarding job! I've been a doula at a couple of births, but didn't want to live an on call lifestyle once I got married and had children. I'm working on becoming a childbirth educator and I'm having so much fun doing it! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails