Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tackle it Tuesday: Cleaning my room


This is my first Tackle it Tuesday and I am going to bare my soul to you all. If you are coming from the Ultimate Blog Party 2011, Welcome! Leave me a comment with your blog and I will visit you and return the favor of following you. Thanks 5minsformom for this great push!

Let's get down to the dirty! Literally, I have a hidden secret, I make my kids clean their rooms, but then I procrastinate about doing the same thing. I know, the shame! I have never been happy to clean my room not even as a kid. This Tuesday I am going to do it and I am hoping that having this on the blog with spectators will push me to get this going without the agony.



Here are my goals for today:
1. Put things away where they belong, like shoes and yarn and little odds and ends.
 I have a habit of putting things down right where I am standing at that moment. I do keep things off of my husband's side of the room because they go missing over that invisible line where we divide the room. The clean side is his and the not so tidy side is mine. I am also a recovering pile-r. I move things from one pile to the other until have a pretty large pile that I don't want to deal with, until I have to find something.

2. Put my winter clothes away and pull down the spring ones.
It is getting nicer here in Colorado and I can start to put away the heaver clothes and pull out the spring items. The layered clothes that I can take off if it is 75 degrees by the afternoon.
Photo Credit

3. Dust everything!
Let's just say that it needs to be done and not talk about this one anymore.

4. Vacuum
Ditto #3

I hope you don't think I am a slob now. I can keep every other part of the house clean daily except my bedroom. It must be psychological, oh well that can be tackled another Tuesday! If you want to see the disaster click here.

Here are my Clean Room Pictures!


 

10 comments:

Deanne said...

You did a nice job on your room! I'm stopping by from Tackle It Tuesday and I'm now following your blog. Would love to have you stop by my blog as well and follow if it is interesting to you as well. Oh - a and great dusting set-up, use 2 microfiber cloths. One slightly damp with just water (or you could use dusting spray/oil sprayed ON your rag, not the furniture) and one dry one. Using a slightly damp microfiber will catch most of the dust, but if you are worried about a piece of furniture being damp, I would recommend using the other one to go over it. The dry one also works well for a quick swipe across dusty mirrors or glass in picture frames.

Michelle-Nicholle said...

Thanks Deanne! I will use your dusting tip the next time I tackle the room and the rest of the house. I will try not to wait so long the next time.

jeanna said...

HI... I think we all need magical shoes and click our heels three times and our rooms would be cleaned. Have you heard of Flylady.com? She also has great 15min timed cleaning rules and it really helps me being a SAHM. Came to visit from Hop a Little Tuesday. Hope you follow back.

http://jeannasboutique.blogspot.com/
Take care and happy blogging.

Jeanna

Lindsay said...

Found you through the Tuesday blog hop! Nice meeting you.

You did a great job on your room! I need to really tackle my house, too!

katlupe said...

It looks great! And really clean. Such a nice feeling isn't it? I follow Fly Lady so she keeps me on the cleaning thing.

Heather said...

I too neglect my bedroom and make the kids clean theirs, in fact it was my "comeback" tackle it Tuesday after a very long absence. You can find it here: http://www.sumnerrain.com/2011/04/05/tacke-it-tuesday-april-5/

Love your room, it looks great!

maren said...

Will have to check out Tackle it Tuesday. I'm coming over from UBP and am excited to read more! I'm having a giveaway over at my blog! Stop on over! http://trinketsofthought.com/2011/04/01/life/ubp-2011-and-50-giveaway

Carolee Sperry said...

lol- I am constantly tackling messes around here, so I did the opposite- I took Tuesday.

Ok- not really...

I'm visiting from The UBP'11

I have a few blogs- see if any appeal to you!

Come on home - mom blog

The Blogging Biz Mom

While there, feel free to subscribe to my newsletter and join the Blogging Buddies group

Working at home advice


Have a great day!

The Family Stone said...

Good for you! I, also, have the messiest room, while I make my kids clean theirs. Mine is awful, and I was thinking about posting a before picture on my blog, just to shame myself into getting it done. I"ll be following you!

Julie and Liz said...

Great job! You have inspired me! I also love the site. momssharingspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails