Monday, March 21, 2011

Concentric circles!

I made this over the weekend. I took a Facebook and email hiatus and went back to crafting. It was great! I think I might spend the rest of my weekends listening to old school jams and making whatever pops into my head.  I wanted to work on my free motion quilting skills without having to pick out each and every stitch on a larger piece (my sister's quilt) so I found this in Fresh Quilting and thought it would be a great practice project and since it is meant to go under hot pas I was okay with a few mistakes here and there. We used it for dinner tonight (linguine with meatballs and homemade sauce)! The meal and the trivet were made from the heart!



5 comments:

Pam said...

Love it! Cool finishing technique!

Michelle-Nicholle said...

Thanks! I am still trying to get my free motion quilting up to snuff for the two larger quilts I'm working on.

I AM Curly Locks said...

Stopping by from MBC, love your quilting post I am thinking about getting into quilting myself, many people have said it is therapeutic...Now following, would love for you to check out my blog at www.iamcurlylocks.blogspot.com

WynnieBee said...

A weekend - it would take me longer than that - it's beautiful - you did a great job. Spotted your blog at Mom Bloggers under 100 Club and stopped by to visit and follow.

Surviving the Sandwich Years said...

Those are lovely! I'm so not a crafter, but have mad appreciation for those who have the touch, as you do!

Found you through the UBP - love the site!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails