Sunday, January 16, 2011

Beautiful Curls and patterns

I wanted to first thank my sister for de-stashing because then I get goodies in the mail. She sent me a couple of patterns that she had no use for and I got free patterns to dream about.
The second highlight of my day was getting new hair goop. I went to Whole Foods and found this one sitting right next to the KinkyCurl and thought I would give it a go and see what a wash and go would look like with it. I was drawn to it because of the Fair Trade agreements and community projects that they support. The one that really spoke to me was this one (for those of you who don't know this about me, I am a birth and postpartum doula, which means that I support women and families through pregnancy, birth and postpartum):
  • Maternal Health (href www.alaffia.com/fousena-fund)- Each year, Alaffia provides pre and post natal care to 100 women in central Togo to help reduce high maternal death rates in West Africa.
I thought it was wonderful that Alaffia is doing their part to help reduce the maternal death rates in West Africa.
Here is the wash and go. I'll see what I think in the morning and if I don't like the way it looks I'll try a quick twist out using a method I saw on YouTube by naptural85. Yes, those are my pajamas! LOL!

picture of hair and curls

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails