Thursday, February 4, 2010

LYS: Snooping Around

This week I am flying solo and have the week to putz around and craft until I turn blue in the face. I have completed nothing except looking at crafts. I did work on some hand quilting while be completely confused by LOST last night. I have to admit I had no idea what was going on. So, to obtain some clarity in my world I took a trip to Loveland, CO this afternoon to visit Woolen Treasures. (the website leaves a little to be desired but the staff in store is great!) I can not say that I loved this Local Yarn Store enough. I took the little one with me and thought well I will just do a quick in and out around the store to see if I should come back alone and do some real perusing. Well we walked in about the same time as two other customers and the sales staff was on the phone. She looked up but continued with her call. I thought well I have seen that plenty of times in LYS' and I was there for the yarn, but the moment she was off the phone she swooped in with a big "Hello!" She even went as far as to find a box of toys for the little guy to play with. The yarn was a great as the customer service, they had plenty of the usual culprits, Berrocco, Lorna's Lace, Cascade 220. The also had some really obscure hand-dyed items that I wanted to knit into something right there and then. I settled on two skeins of yarn:

  • Cascade Yarns, Eco Alpaca, Color 1525

 The plan is to make this little number. I also got a cute silver button and realized two seconds after I gave over my money that I needed two. I will just have to go back again. I know the little guy won't mind because they had the cutest cat, named Patrick that he has fallen in love with. When I kept saying time to go he kept saying "Go see cat!" I didn't fight it I just enjoyed more yarn browsing.
 All Day Beret-Bamboo Ewe.jpg
That brought me to buying this: Pagewood Farms Chugiak in Teal/Turquoise. I have no idea what it will become but I could not resist bringing it home with me. I think I'll put it under my pillow and see what comes to me. I also got my shawl pin, a copper shawl pin and a robot pattern from Danger Crafts.Robbie the Radiant Robot Knitting Pattern Pdf

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails