Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Day Three: Spa Gifts

So, um... I crocheted one towel so far and made these yummy brown sugar scrubs:


I made heart shaped bath fizzies and blue-lavender bah salts. I still need to make the soaps and eye covers. every year I think I am going to make handmade gifts and I plan out all of these items in June and then I get so busy with other things like moving for the trillionth time (but hopefully, we will stay put for a while) or going to work, or teaching. This year was a huge roller coaster from the crazy happenings up north to trying to turn people away after not having anyone at all. I am happy that the new year is approaching and my birthday is in 4 days. I already know my resolutions for next year but who knows they may change before January 1st.
Alright my rice heating pad that I made is all done. Whoa! That maybe included in my spa gift kits for Xmas.


2 comments:

SugarMama said...

That brown sugar scrub looks really yummy! Care to share the recipe for that?

I did a spa thing for Christmas once, and it's a lot more work than you anticipate! Good luck finishing it all! I really hear you on the procrastination. I'm currently sewing like 15 wristlets. :)

Michelle-Nicholle said...

Here is the recipe:
I used 3 cups of brown sugar
1.5 cups of almond oil
2 teaspoons of Vitamin E oil
.5 teaspoon of vanilla
a couple of drizzles of honey(local)
This made about 3 1cup jars which I put in the fridge. It smelled good enough to eat but with the vitamin E it is a sad no.
Good Luck on the wristlets.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails